<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Love is a fascinating thing...

A group of elementary school children were recently asked what they thought about love. Mae, age nine, said, "No one is sure why love happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant is so popular." John, age nine, said, "It's like an avalanche where you have to run for your life."

Brian, age seven, reasoned, "Love isn't always just about how you look. Look at me. I'm handsome as anything and I haven't got anybody to marry me yet." Erin, age eight, offers what is perhaps the most helpful advice concerning love, "Don't forget your wife's name. That will mess up the love."

Greg, age eight, hit the nail on the head when he said, "Love is the most important thing in the world. But baseball is pretty good too." Love can be rather confusing.

A love letter from a guy named Jonathan to his sweetheart Mary said , "To Mary, the love of my life. There is nothing I would not do to reach your side. I would climb the highest mountain. I would cross the trackless desert. I would swim the widest ocean to be near you, my beloved. With much love and tenderness, Jonathan. P.S. See you Saturday night if it doesn't rain."

John 13:35 makes it clear "Everyone will know that you're my disciples, if you love one another." In a world that lacks true love, watching Christians love one another is fascinating indeed.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?